In the very northeast of the Netherlands, MKG completed one of the largest projects of the company’s history: On a site below sea level, more than 100.000 solar modules have been installed in just 20 weeks. MKG’s engineers faced the challenges of the peaty soil with a special, yet economic foundation, by which the substructure gains a secure hold in the soft ground.
To make optimal utilization of the area, the plant has been designed as innovative east-west-system. MKG’s GMS flex mounting system allowed the alternating orientation of the module rows as well as the extremely dense building. With a sophisticated process and construction optimization, the MKG design team once again proved its competence: Ultra efficient plant design, optimized production, professional and in-time construction – and a very satisfied client.
- Power output of the plant: approx. 30 MWp
- Mounting system: east-west system GMS flex, with special foundation
- 116,334 modules
- Construction time: approx. 20 weeks (08/2016 – 12/2016)
Delivery and services
- Comprehensive soil analysis
- Project specific statics
- On-site delivery of the GMS flex mounting system with special foundation
- Foundation works
- Installation of substructure, solar modules, and supplements